Thursday, February 27, 2014

My Story

I have had personal experience with a Mental Block. It is not an easy thing to live with because you get very upset and stressed out about it. I developed my Mental Block after getting hurt at a practice and little by little I stopped doing tumbling skills until I stopped completely tumbling. What compacted it even more was I had a coach who did not understand what was going on in my head and she would yell at me for it. Almost everyday I would go to a tumble class to help myself get “over it”, to get better. I just ended up getting more frustrated because when I would go my coach would be there and she would make me run around the whole gym every time I did not pull my tumbling. As time went on my parents became concerned for me because I was so upset. My mom and I did a lot of research online and called many experts to see who could help me. I ended up seeing several people to help me with my block, including Kristen Perri who was my mental coach from Cheer360. I have also had sessions with a Sports Hypnotist. Thankfully at this time today I have over come my fear of tumbling and I have become me again. I have gotten my tumbling back and I have also gained more skills with the confidence I have now. It was a hard, frustrating and scary journey and it has made me appreciate my strength as an athlete more than ever. If you or a family member has dealt with an issue like this, we would love to hear from you and maybe share your story in how you have over come your fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment